Жас дос, төменде New York Post басылымы жарияланған мақаланың ықшамдалған нұсқасы берілген. Бұл тапсырма Pre-Intermediate және Intermediate деңгейіндегі студенттердің оқу дағдысын дамыту үшін әзірленді. Тапсырмаларды толық орындап болған соң жаңа сөздердің жазылуын, қолданылу тәртібін үйренесіз. Сонымен қатар аталған тақырыпта шағын пікір жаза алатын боласыз. Іске сәт!
1 Тапсырма: Мәтінді 2 минут ішінде оқып шығыңыз.
Мәтінді бастаған уақыты:____________
A Chinese businessman treated 5,000 people to a free bowl of noodles because he found his lost $45,000 engagement ring. The man’s name is Mr Wang. He was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him last Sunday. However, he lost the engagement ring. He told reporters that he visited a noodle restaurant in the Chinese city of Chongqing and left the ring there in his bag. Mr Wang was very lucky because a customer in the restaurant found the bag and gave it to the manager. The manager found Mr Wang’s contact details in the bag and telephoned him. Mr Wang was very happy to get the ring back. He then went to his girlfriend and proposed to her. She accepted his proposal.
Mr Wang proposed to his girlfriend and she accepted his proposal. He was very happy and wanted to say thank you to the restaurant. On Tuesday, he bought 5,000 bowls of spicy noodles for the customers of the restaurant. This is the average daily sales of the shop. There was a 100-metre-long queue outside the shop. Many people wanted a free bowl of noodles. Mr Wang told reporters: “Chongqing has the woman I love….I feel very honoured and happy.” He also posted a thank-you letter outside the restaurant with a picture of his fiancée wearing the engagement ring. A local man said: “I think the story is really moving. Love is beautiful and people’s hearts are more beautiful.”
Мәтінді аяқтаған уақыты:____________
2 Тапсырма: TRUE / FALSE: Read the headline. Guess if a-h below are true (T) or false (F).
Мәтінге қатысты төмендегі тұжырымның қайсысы дұрыс немесе бұрыс екенін табыңыз.
- A Chinese businessman paid for noodles for 5,000 people. T / F
- The engagement ring the man lost cost $45,000. T / F
- A customer found the man’s ring on a subway train. T / F
- The man asked his girlfriend to marry him. T / F
- The noodles were not spicy. T / F
- People stood in a line that stretched for 10 metres outside the restaurant. T / F
- The man put a photo of his fiancée outside the restaurant. T / F
- A local man said love is more beautiful than people’s hearts. T / F
SYNONYM MATCH: Match the following synonyms from the article.
(Мақаладан алынған синоним сөздерді мағынасы бойынша сәйкестендіріңіз).
|1. Free||a) Cheerful|
|2. visited||b) heartwarming|
|3. lucky||c) hot|
|4. details||d) dropped by|
|5. happy||e) fastened|
|6. spicy||f) information|
|7. queue||g) complimentary|
|8. posted||h) lovely|
|9. moving||i) fortunate|
|10. beautiful||j) line|
PHRASE MATCH: (Sometimes more than one choice is possible.)
(Мақалаға қарамай, сөз тіркестерін сәйкестендіріңіз)
|1. a free bowl||a) queue|
|2. ask his girlfriend to||b) details|
|3. a customer||c) to his girlfriend|
|4. The manager found Mr Wang’s contact||d) of noodles|
|5. She accepted||e) moving|
|6. Mr Wang proposed||f) in the restaurant|
|7. average daily||g) fiancée|
|8. a 100-metre-long||h) his proposal|
|9. a picture of his||i) sales|
|10. I think the story is really||j) marry him|
Multiple choice quiz
Дұрыс жауабын белгілеңіз
1) What is the job of the Chinese man who bought the noodles?
a) train driver
d) noodle company owner
2) How much did the engagement ring cost?
3) Who found Mr Wang’s bag?
a) a police officer
b) a cleaner
c) a customer
d) his fiancée
4) Who telephoned Mr Wang?
a) the manager
c) his fiancée
d) his boss
5) What did Mr Wang’s girlfriend accept?
b) his marriage proposal
c) a free bowl of noodles
d) his apology
6) What kind of noodles did Mr Wang buy?
a) spicy ones
b) long ones
c) salty ones
d) cold noodles
7) How many bowls of noodles did the restaurant sell most days?
8) How long was the queue outside the restaurant?
a) 100 metres
b) 200 metres
c) 300 metres
d) 400 metres
9) What was Mr Wang’s fiancée wearing in a photo?
a) a noodles T-shirt
b) a smile
c) a wedding dress
d) her engagement ring
10) What did a local man say was more important than love?
b) engagement rings
c) people’s hearts
Put the words in the right order
Сөздерді орын тәртібі бойынша орналастырыңыз
- to He to girlfriend him going his marry was ask .
- restaurant he He visited told a reporters noodle that .
- A bag the found restaurant the in customer .
- the manager Wang’s in The Mr details bag found contact .
- proposed He to and her went girlfriend to then his .
- girlfriend Wang and proposed she to accepted his Mr .
- He customers the for noodles spicy of bowls 5,000 bought .
- is of the the average shop daily This sales .
- a was There metre- shop the outside queue long– 100- .
- you letter outside the restaurant He also posted a thank –
Academic writing (Төмендегі тақырыпта пікіріңді жаз)
We should always reward people for returning lost property. Discuss.
Тапсырмалардың жауаптарын журналдың келесі санынан оқи аласыз.
Әзірлеген Асхат ЕРКІМБАЙ,
Profi Asia оқу орталығы.
«Ақ желкен» журналы, №9